More Adoptable Dogs

We have many more wondeful adoptable dogs in foster care. Check out our list of Adoptable Foster Dogs.

facebooktwitterpinterestmail

19 Comments

1. Emily. said . . .

Last summer we adopted Milly from family dogs new life shelter and I am very happy to say that the addition to our family is one we can’t imagine not having. We are very very happy to have her!!!

Posted March 13, 2011 at 10:09 pm | Permalink
  2. Andrea said . . .

I love FDNL and am addicted to the website and following which dogs have been adopted. Just a thought – what about every once in a while putting the dogs who have been there a while (Sweetie, Gretsh, etc) towards the top of the list again. It seems once the dogs are past the first 10 or so – they are there for quite some time. Like people stop looking past that point. Again, just a thought! You guys are the best, and such incredible people. Keep up the good work!!

Posted August 11, 2011 at 12:01 am | Permalink
  3. Quincie Robertson said . . .

We adopted Lily from your shelter… She was one of the chow, basset, retriever mixes…We love her so much and would love to see pix of her brother Phillip and her sisters! Is that at all possible?

Posted March 7, 2012 at 10:16 pm | Permalink
  4. admin said . . .

We’ll see if we can get a hold of any pics!

Posted March 8, 2012 at 12:19 pm | Permalink
  5. Grace said . . .

Last year my family and I addopted a australian shepard-malamute mix named Red. He is the best dog ever! When we first met him he was really scared of men and barked and was terrified of my dad. But a year later he is great!!! He is sooo sweet and loving and is overall a great dog! I am a huge fan of FDNL and if I am looking to adopt another dog, this will be the first place I look!!!!

Posted March 18, 2012 at 3:40 pm | Permalink
  6. Debra said . . .

We adopted a senior lab mix, Pupper Do, from you back in August. Her name is now Pepper, and Pep is doing fantastic. What a sweet, affectionate, funny girl. She and my other old gal get along, and Pep loves everyone she sees and gets along great with other dogs too.

Your shelter is so awesome! We make donations as we can, and we spread the word too. Thank you for all you do save animals. You’ll always have our support!

Debra and Jim

Posted March 30, 2012 at 6:48 pm | Permalink
  7. Renay York said . . .

We adopted our dog Missy from Family Dogs in 2005. She has been a wonderful addition to our family. Missy goes hiking, biking and running with us, not to mention sleeps with our 9 yr old son every night. She is slowing down a bit but continues to take her duties as bully breed ambassador to the world seriously, always showing off her gentle good manners when she meets new children, people and dogs. Keep up the great work at your shelter!

Posted May 4, 2012 at 5:03 pm | Permalink
  8. Catherine said . . .

We adopted Sophie earlier this month and she’s doing great. I was able to describe what dog personality we were used to and Sophie was introduced to us. She has some anxiety issues, but she is doing much better. She is now crate trained and taking her on walks isn’t as challenging anymore for us/her. Thanks so much for recommending Sophie, she’s a perfect fit for us.

Posted August 31, 2012 at 1:07 pm | Permalink
  9. beckie elton said . . .

I adopted Edison in July. I wanted to return him almost immediately. Thankfully you could not take him back for about a week. We made a truce. I started calling him Eddie. We were tentative for a while but really bonded during 2 weeks at the beach. He is everything I wanted in an animal companion. And he is very attentive and loyal to me. We are still working on our boundaries but are very happy together. Thank you so much for your organization.
    Beckie & Eddie

Posted October 17, 2012 at 5:07 pm | Permalink
  10. admin said . . .

So happy everything worked out for you and Eddie! Thank you for sticking with it, it is so common for rescue pets to be a challenge in the beginning but sometimes all it takes is time, and the occasional ‘truce’ :)

Posted October 17, 2012 at 5:33 pm | Permalink
  11. Stuart Simpson said . . .

We adopted Pepper and Sprite almost a year ago today. Great Pyrenees sisters. They have been the best addition to our family ever! They are so wonderful with our children, and are great protectors of our home. Just wanted to write and say thank you for the help in picking them out, and we love what you all are doing with this shelter! We have recommended you to everyone we know that is looking for a dog!

Posted November 13, 2012 at 10:36 am | Permalink
  12. tondeuse chien said . . .

Thanks to my father who shared with me on the topic of this weblog, this webpage is genuinely amazing.

Posted November 17, 2012 at 5:13 pm | Permalink
  13. jerry m. said . . .

About 2 years ago I adopted a 6yr. old rotweiller named scout from your establishment. I just wanted all who work there to know that she is the greatest family member anybody could have asked for. So I just wanted to say thank you for all you do for the 4 legged friends and keep up the great work.

p.s. scout is doing great…

thanks again Jerry

Posted April 11, 2013 at 3:56 pm | Permalink
  14. Sarah W. said . . .

7 years ago I adopted a starved and severely abused red Chow from you, the only survivor of 18 dogs left in a locked trailer, whom I named Sebastien. He and I have created a loving, trusting relationship together and I cannot imagine what the last 7 years would have been like without him. Thank you on his behalf and all the other dogs out there that you help. Keep up the incredible work.

Posted July 14, 2013 at 8:33 pm | Permalink
  15. Christine S said . . .

My family and I came to the shelter on 7/27/13. A certain dog on the web site lured us in, however we came in very open to letting you know our needs and likes and asked for a suggestion. We are so grateful we did. Lewis (now Buddy), 1/2 German Shepard 1/2 Rottweiler mix was suggested. My husband and I wouldn’t have ever considered a Rottweiler until we met this dog. It honestly felt like we were chosen by him. I’ve been around dogs my whole life, got m first Black and Tan coin hound at three, who Buddy reminds me a lot of…and I have to say Buddy is the best dog I have EVER known. I honestly believe we were meant for one another. He fills our needs, completes our wants, and has filled a hole in my heart I didn’t know was there. He radiates love and I call him my therapy on four legs. Thank you so much and I’m already sharing with many people what a great organization this is. *Ran into another dog owner with a great pit bull/ American Bullie from the shelter, he appreciates the shelter and his dog as much as I do.

Posted August 1, 2013 at 11:15 pm | Permalink
  16. James Ruby said . . .

I got Jake ( FDNL name was Neil) a Mcnab / Border Collie back in May of 2008 – he was eight weeks old back then. He is my best freind – the one that lays by my side when I am working, when I go out to investigate a bump in the night around my house – he is by my side – I dont even need to check – he is there. Typically if you have met me you have met my dog Jake. He goes to bed with me when the wife stays up at night. He is a part of me. I just wanted to say thank you for what you guys do and the dogs you save. You are my selected charity for the United Way.

Respectfully
    James Ruby

Posted October 22, 2013 at 3:18 pm | Permalink
  17. Pete said . . .

Oh man, thank you for the magic that is LUCY! Almost two months now that we’ve had her, and there could not be a better or sweeter dog. She and I walked down to FDNL today, which made me sentimental. Let’s see what we should share: she’s the best ball-retrieving pit bull anyone has ever seen; she enjoys getting dressed up as a princess, and is wearing a tutu for Halloween; is unbelievably loving and patient with our girls, who love her; has some crazy happy Wookie sounds and spin moves, along with some weird butt-scotting running, goes to every bed in the morning to check that everyone’s alive, etc, etc, etc. The work you people do is amazing and important, and I want to especially say that Anne, the foster coordinator, and most especially Jill, Lucy’s foster mom, have been such excellent support, so full of wisdom. I strongly encourage those of you looking for dogs to look at the foster list–the foster parents are wonderful, and know so much more about living with any given dog than could be gleaned from the shelter. THANKS and more in the future from us and Lucy.

Posted October 22, 2013 at 5:10 pm | Permalink
  18. Holly Raymond said . . .

I was scanning your website late one evening back in April, and saw the sweetest, most forlorn looking face of a bedraggled looking dog called D-Lucks. I just knew immediately he would be my dog. I made plans to be there early the next day to meet him. I drove most of the way to the shelter before I found out I didn’t have the right directions or my phone with me. I almost gave up, but instead drove back home to get the papers & tried again. I told myself if it was meant to be, he’d still be available. My now -renamed Duckie is sleeping on my foot, and is a very happy, very loved boy. I always thought the shelter name was a tongue-twister, but I finally got it with Duckie. He is now a family dog with a new life! Thank you!

Posted October 23, 2013 at 9:21 pm | Permalink
  19. Mary F said . . .

Four years ago I came into FDNL to look for a dog for my daughter. I picked a little 12 wk old lab mix named Dexter because he was young and his name was Dexter, my husband’s favorite name. My 12 year old daughter adored him.
    Dexter is a joy in our household and I can’t believe how gaga I am over a dog! He runs with my daughter while she is on the skateboard, he loves running and retrieving his ball and he gets along well with other dogs and our cats. Our whole family is smitten with Dex and he returns his love back to us as a devoted friend and companion.
    I’d like to thank FDNL for our pup and wish them continued success in getting dogs new homes.

Posted April 1, 2014 at 1:19 pm | Permalink