Triffi

Triffi is our mascot, our building dog, the big drooly face we see first thing each morning. He spends his days following us humans around, laying at our feet and making sure he is always within sight. He may weigh 170 pounds, but don’t tell him that, he is a lap dog at heart.

On May 15 2010 we gave our boy a kiss goodbye. After a courageous battle with cancer Triffi laid down his head to rest in peace.

facebooktwitterpinterestmail

11 Comments

1. Evan said . . .

These pictures belong in a calendar!

Posted December 17, 2008 at 7:04 pm | Permalink
  2. Nyssa Maurstad said . . .

Im in love :) no chance you can part with him? i may have to come by just to kiss his sweet face

Posted December 21, 2008 at 12:11 pm | Permalink
  3. New Life said . . .

Who could part with their beloved pet! Triffi is here to stay :) He is a big part of our family, the bond is just too strong.

Posted December 21, 2008 at 2:28 pm | Permalink
  4. Caitlin said . . .

I was just about to cry when I read that he passed .:(

Posted July 2, 2010 at 12:59 pm | Permalink
  5. Andrea said . . .

Triffi was a good boy who was lucky to have found the wonderful people at FDNL – he knew what it felt like to be loved. Thank all of you for the amazing things you do, the lives you save, and for loving Triffi enough to let him go peacefully. Andrea (from the vet!)

Posted August 26, 2010 at 8:39 pm | Permalink
  6. admin said . . .

Thanks Andrea :) We still miss him so much….
    -Tasha

Posted August 27, 2010 at 9:54 am | Permalink
  7. Brandy said . . .

This made me cry! Beautiful pup!

Posted August 31, 2010 at 11:58 pm | Permalink
  8. Shanti Kriens said . . .

RIP Triffi. love you.

Posted December 5, 2010 at 2:29 am | Permalink
  9. Kristin said . . .

This post made me cry too! Oh, those cheeks! Those wrinkles! What a fortunate dog to be so loved.

Posted December 19, 2010 at 8:46 pm | Permalink
  10. Lynn B. Turner said . . .

I JUST discovered your site! I lost my best friend, and soulmate, “Turner”, on May 4th, 2012. He was the last, in a long, long parade of Great Danes, who have graced my life throughout the last 30 years. I’ve purchased, rescued, adopted, raised and loved this breed for so long, that although my 3 year old, Std. Poodle, the beautiful Bella, is always beside me, our house is so empty, that it seems to echo.
    My heart goes out to the staff at FDNL who finally had to say good-bye to the magnificent, Triffi. Obviously, he was as devoted to all of you, as you were to him. I didn’t get to meet Triffi, or even know about him during the years he spent being loved and cared for by all of you. But, seeing his amazing pictures and reading about him, makes me instantly know that the work you are doing, is done from your hearts. To give your time, your care and your love to so many dogs, the way you do, must be tremendously gratifying, yet I realize, that it often must feel bittersweet and heartbreaking as well.
    Thank you, for everything you do. I’m fairly new to the Columbia Gorge, but I look forward to meeting some of you, one day, in the very near future.
    Warmest regards,
    Lynn

Posted August 5, 2012 at 10:34 am | Permalink
  11. deanna mcclain said . . .

I was fortunate enough to meet triffi in 2006. I responded to an ad for neo puppies for sale after losing my other neo baby
    At 8 yrs old. I fell in love with triffi as I could see he was a precious soul. I felt bad for him as he was either in a crate or the basement. I could tell he was not happy. They said they couldn’t trust him with the puppies. So, when I see him in other pics with a small dog, I am just amazed.I wanted to adopt
    Him but the breeder would not let him go at the time for any less than 4 thousand dollars. I have often wondered about him and found myself typing his name in 7 yrs later. I was thrilled to hear that he finally found the love he deserved. I have one of his sons, they called woodie and I renamed matteo. He is very healthy and a lovebug unless you touch him
    While he is sleeping lol

Posted October 21, 2012 at 10:30 am | Permalink